Hello! My name is Margie and I'm a lover of art, nature, travel, photography, animals, and actively exploring my surroundings to get the "local feel" of new places. In the past year I got married and moved from my home in Austin, Texas, to Syracuse, New York, to Honolulu, Hawai'i (whew!) and am enjoying settling in to a new place and observing and learning about a new culture!
I'm currently searching for creative employment and learning opportunities as well as looking to meet creative and motivated people. Feel free to shoot me a message or find me on Instagram :)
Thanks for taking the time to visit my website!
- Margie Gaski
Multi-talented graphic designer and artist with eight years of experience in advertising and design, utilizing both digital and traditional mediums to create distinctive, high quality artwork. Passionate communicator, skilled in developing interpersonal relationships with both domestic and international clientele. Bold and motivated team collaborator, accustomed to multitasking in a high stress work environment in order to drive creative projects from prototype to production.
The University of Texas at Austin
August 2008 - May 2012
Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Global Studies: Specialization in Culture, Media, and Art
Minor in European Studies
Vice-President and Volunteer Chair of the school art museum’s student guild
Institute for American Universities: The Marchutz School of Fine Art
January 2011 – May 2011
Semester intensive in studio art, art history, art criticism, and interdisciplinary coursework in Aix-en-Provence, France
Ettiene Gros Literature Prize
Administrative Assistant: English Language Institute, Syracuse University
Syracuse, New York | August 2017 – December 2017
- Oversaw administrative aspects of orientation and customer service to 83 international students with low-proficiency in English (a large majority from Asian countries).
- Managed operations for maintaining and collecting confidential database information, processing tuition payments, and guiding campus tours.
- Designed weekly newsletter, digital marketing campaigns, and correspondence with over 800 government and higher education representatives domestically and internationally.
- Special Projects: Developed and led Student Council community involvement projects; Instituted performance tracking for newsletter and increased audience engagement to a rate 63% higher than education industry standards; Restructured organization of multimedia library (over 3000 books, CDs, etc.).
Graphic Designer and Student Advisor: Christian Students on Campus - The University of Texas at Austin
Austin, Texas | August 2014 – May 2017
- Created material for external communications including writing copy, digital marketing, and developing graphics for banners, signs, social media, clothing, and print.
- Analyzed market trends and client’s vision in order to design branding elements and establish a unified brand identity across multiple media platforms.
- Spearheaded t-shirt design/sales for 4,500 pieces of merchandise and led team of five interns in product design and production.
- Designed and published first and second editions of a 200 page, image and text heavy book, including defining typography, color scheme, and layout.
- Pioneered organization’s transition from outdated marketing and sales platforms into modern, highly accessible digital platforms.
- Mentored 30 students each semester to inspire physical/psychological well being and academic success through active life coaching, listening, and conflict resolution.
- Organized monthly events for 200-person organization; coordinated transportation, venue decoration, and catering.
Community Outreach Coordinator: Living Stream Ministry
Anaheim, California | August 2012 – July 2014
- Completed two years of advanced theological studies and non-profit community outreach programs in domestic and international locations.
- Responsible for balancing books for media sales, ordering and maintaining perishable catering inventory, and supervising facility operations at 5,000 person convention center.
- Collaborated with 20-member team to help immigrant families and students integrate into new communities.
- Chosen to support and train developing mission teams and coordinate the collection of statistics and media documentation on three international mission trips.
- Recruited to be Artistic Director for graduation activities.
Interactive Media Intern: Austin Creative Alliance
Austin, Texas | May 2012 – July 2012
- Maintained detailed online arts database and calendar with descriptions, ticketing information, and images.
- Processed grant applications and wrote fundraising and donor appreciation letters for artist clients.
- Produced compelling multimedia reviews online featuring current exhibitions, happenings, and performances.
- Generated informational materials for arts funding opportunities using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
Floral Designer: Breathtaking Blooms
Austin, Texas | July 2011 - July 2012, Seasonal July 2014 - 2016
- Assembled wedding arrangements, bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, and ceremony arches.
- Coordinated with venue managers to provide excellent customer service in punctual delivery and handling of delicate materials, on-site staging and installation, and retrieving and storing inventory after event.
Accounting Clerk: JSA Financial Consultants
Arlington, Texas | August 2007 – January 2011
- Generated yearly and quarterly federal and state tax documents for submission for 50 small companies
- Demonstrated attention to fine detail by evaluating, entering data, and balancing monthly expense accounts for 40 small companies
- Carefully recorded and prepared payroll documentation and printed client employee checks
- Consistently organized 5 work stations and file storage and display for ease of access to over 100 company binders
Mac OS X, Windows, able to quickly learn new programs and digital design platforms
Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office, Basic Python Programming, Peachtree Accounting, BookWright Publishing
Fluent English, Proficient Spanish, Conversational French
Oil and Acrylic Painting, Sketching, Portrait and Landscape Photography, Custom Designed (both digital and by hand) Wedding Art and Invitations